Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Forever.

Recently I have been making a conscious effort to only buy clothes if I am absolutely 100% in love with them. There have been so many instances in the past when I have bought something because it looks so beautiful, but it didn't look so beautiful on me. I have also committed the shopping error of buying because "maybe, sometime" I will get around to wearing it, or I will make a impulse purchase to avoid that god forsaken moment when you put on an outfit and realize, what you did not buy would go perfectly. But alas, it has happened all to many times that months down the road I peer into my closet and see that item with the price tag dangling off of it and my good intentions turned out to be a big waste of money. So now, armed with my new found mentality I stumbled upon a little boutique called "Utopia" as I began browsing I picked up some printed leggings, a white knit dress, and some green harem pants. I was fitting-room bound until my eyes landed on a Cheap Monday jean jacket. I did some quick math in my head (not my strong suite might I add) and realized that I could buy some crazy leggings, a knit dress I would wear once, twice if its lucky and some hammer pants OR I could buy this quality jacket that I could wear with everything, anywhere. I quickly dropped what I had and put on the jacket, which fit like a glove. Shopping is full of lessons and this time it was quality over quantity!

1 comment:

  1. very nice! lately i've been focusing on buying things that i love and that aren't trendy but classic so i totally understand where you are coming from. looks like you snagged yourself a good buy too :)

    hautecalifornian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...